Job Title: Grant Writer
Date: March 25, 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Position Type: Part-time, contractual
Contact: George Payne, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lower Falls Foundation is seeking a skilled Grant Writer with a proven track record of success. The Grant Writer identifies, researches, and pursues public, foundation, and corporate grant funding opportunities to support and expand LFF’S programs, services, and initiatives. The Grant Writer is also responsible for special projects related to strategic program planning and future funding needs, including capital investments.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills
- Ability to write concise, outcomes-focused proposals
- Comfort in employing technology to track and manage applications and awards
- Ability to be a positive, dedicated team player, willing to dive in to support mission-based work
- Creative, collaborative thinking as well as a commitment to LFF’s mission
- A “big picture” approach to work but a keen eye to detail
- Ability to communicate with accuracy, integrity, and warmth
- A track record of being motivated by new challenges and seeing work to completion
- A commitment to organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially as supported structurally through the grants program
This is a part-time contractual position based in LFF’s Rochester, NY, office. Three years of grant writing experience is recommended. Compensation is by the hour and will be discussed at the interview.
The Lower Falls Foundation recruits, hires, and promotes without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.